From: David Nicholson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2003 4:36 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [PHP] get size of variable n bytes

Hello,

This is a reply to an e-mail that you wrote on Wed, 16 Jul 2003 at 15:31,
lines prefixed by '>' were originally written by you.
> One way would be to assume that 1 character takes 1 byte to store
> so...
>   $sizeinbytes = strlen($field);

Also, this will only work with text data as numbers types, bool types etc
will be stored differently.

David.

--
phpmachine :: The quick and easy to use service providing you with
professionally developed PHP scripts :: http://www.phpmachine.com/

          Professional Web Development by David Nicholson
                    http://www.djnicholson.com/

    QuizSender.com - How well do your friends actually know you?
                     http://www.quizsender.com/
                    (developed entirely in PHP)