Read this -- it got me well and truely pointed in the right direction

http://zend.com/zend/trick/tricks-august-2001.php

Justin

On Friday, July 18, 2003, at 01:36 AM, Juan Nin wrote:

I need to do the same and a .htacces file would not suite the problem
I need to do as yahoogroups does

When you upload a file to the Files section, it send by default an e-mail to
the group members with a link to the file
When you click on the link, you're sent to a login page, and after login in
you get the file..

how can you achieve this with PHP??
an .htaccess file would deny the access, or ask for a username/passwd at
HTTP Server level, and that is not the desired effect..

thnx in advanced,

Juan

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses]