Hi,

Sorry for the extra emails, but I thought I had this licked, but now
other problem pop up. As I said, I have a file with many lines like
<Option Value="3">Alfredsson in it. I have been able to read the file
into an array and display it, but I am trying to do a comparison IF
statement and no matter what I try I can't figure out what to compare.
To explain better here is my code so far.

$filename = "players.inc";

$fd = fopen ($filename, "r");
while (!feof ($fd)) {
  $buffer = fgets($fd);
  $list[] = $buffer;
}
fclose ($fd);

for($i = 0; $i < 131; $i++) {
        if($list[$i] != ?????????  {
                echo "<BR>".htmlspecialchars($list[$i]); }
}

So using the example above what would I use where the question marks are
if I wanted to display everything but this line - <Option
Value="3">Alfredsson. I have tried a variety of ways to do this:

i.e

$p = "<Option Value=\"131\">Alfredsson";

for($i = 0; $i < 131; $i++) {
        if(htmlspecialchars($list[$i]) != $p)  {
                echo "<BR>".htmlspecialchars($list[$i]);

This is just a sample script that I want to get running before I
actuaaly put it into use, so any help is appreciated.