* Thus wrote Doug La Farge ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):
> Is there a way to get fsockopen to suppress the header information it
> returns.  I have no use for the crap, have no idea how to use a regexp
> to get it out of there (nor does anyone on this list it would seem
> either).

I have plenty of use for the so called 'crap'. I know how to use a
regex  to strip it out of there, and your using the *wrong* function.

RTFM...
(no link provided)

> I'd like to be able to grab a web page as it is presented to the
> browsers (as seen in view source).

That is not how it is presented to the browser. The browser presents to
you something entirely different.

> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 05:14:41 GMT
> Server: Apache/1.3.27 (Unix) mod_jk/1.1.0 mod_ssl/2.8.12 OpenSSL/0.9.6g
> Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=jwjesefa81;Path=/Interface
> Connection: close
>
> The above crap needs to not be returned.

Yes it does.

> Any ideas?

Of course.

Curt
--
"I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure."