* Thus wrote ermelir ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):
> Hi list,
>
> I search to detect if a script is call from command line or if the call from
> a client http browser.
> for doing that, I test if:
> php_sapi_name()=='cli'
> which returns TRUE if script calls from command line; this work fine with
> PHP 4.2, but with PHP 5 php_sapi_name() returns cgi-fcgi
> so, I would know if with others php version there is others returns values?
> and if there is another way to detect if script is call from command line?
> thanks in advance for yours answers

This is a good point. I'm not aware of any other names, although I
have to admit i wan't aware of the sapi_name function either..  :)

There aught to be a better method of detecting whether you are in
cli mode or module mode. If this is the only way to determain it I
would make a suggestion to the php developers to have a way to
detect what mode your in.  Detecting by a string value is very poor
method of doing it.

Ok, now after reading the docs, I see why its a string.... Some one
came up with a list of names, I have no clue where he got it his
reference tells me nothing.

- aolserver
- activescript
- apache
- cgi-fcgi
- cgi
- isapi
- nsapi
- phttpd
- roxen
- java_servlet
- thttpd
- pi3web
- apache2filter
- caudium
- apache2handler
- tux
- webjames
- cli
- embed
- milter

Curt
--
"I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure."