Hey,
Thanks for replying.

I know you can manipulate the php.ini file via htaccess or by putting some
instructions in the include file...is there any way to turn on cookies again
and turn off session.use_trans_sid so i can go back to the old way it was?
because I have a lot of header("location:....") statements in a lot of
files.
This just seems a giant PITA.

Cheers,
-Ryan

> You have cookies disabled and session.use_trans_sid is enabled in
> php.ini. So the session module parses your html output and adds
> PHPSESSID to all internal links, forms and everything else that is
> needed. However it does not add session id to Location header, it is
> your responsibility. Use header('Location: details.php?'.SID); SID is a
> magic constant that contains '&'.session_name().'='.session_id() (thus
> you need ? after details.php).
>
> PHPSESSID is here so session module knows which session file to use. If
> you look into your /tmp (or whatever is set up) directory, a file named
> sess_46081aa70da693f5edeecc069ed8a627 will be sitting there with all
> session variables.
>
> Ryan A wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > Ok, have half solved why my scripts all of a sudden stopped working.
> >
> > This is how my scripts are setup:
> > There is a form(login.php) where the user puts in his user/pass, then
this
> > is authenticated(auth.php) by the database and a few other sessions are
> > created (email,cust_number) and also username,password sessions are
created.
> > Then i am using a header("Location....") to send it to details.php,
> > details.php will check and make sure that the following sessions have
been
> > created username,password,email,cust_number, if any are not valid it
will
> > kick ther person back to login.php...this was working before but not
now.

> > I went to my forms source and checked where it was sending my submitted
form
> > and found a hidden text box there with this data:
> > <input type="hidden" name="PHPSESSID"
> > value="46081aa70da693f5edeecc069ed8a627" />
> >
> > so i took that "PHPSESSID" and its value and added it to my
> > header("Location....") like so:

header("Location:details.php?PHPSESSID=46081aa70da693f5edeecc069ed8a627")