* Thus wrote Kevin McGinley ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):
> Hi all,
>     can anyone tell me how php paths are worked out Im just starting to use
> php over asp so would appreciate the answer to the following
>
> If a file a.php includes  a file b.php which includes a file c.php is the
> include in file b.php relative to itself or the file that included it i.e.
> a.php.

php looks for files base on your include path setting in php.ini.
I'm assuming your on windows so it defaults to:

include_path = ".;c:\php\includes"

Now going from that, php  will first look for:

  .\c.php and .\b.php

relative to where  a.php is located.

Curt
--
"I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure."