Yes, connect.inc.php does the following:

@$connect=mysql_connect("localhost",$dbuser,$dbpass);
        if (!$connect) {
                echo "Could not connect to mysql!";
                exit();
        }

@$db=mysql_select_db($dbname);
        if (!$db){
                echo "Could not connect to database";
                exit ();
        }

@$result=mysql_query($sql);
        if (!$result){
                echo "Invalid Sql Command";
                exit ();
        }

- ---
Aaron Axelsen
AIM: AAAK2
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Want reliable web hosting at affordable prices?
www.modevia.com

Web Dev/Design Community/Zine
www.developercube.com