Cpt John W. Holmes wrote:

>> So in fact the script has to run with the rights of the user web2??
> Perhaps
>> it does, but files/dirs are create with owner apache.
>
> PHP runs as a module inside of apache, so any files it creates are owned
> by the Apache user. That's the way it works.
>
> If you run PHP as a CGI, this does not happen. Or use FTP to make files.

And there is no other way? No way to configure it? Or, are there any
hacks/patches, workarounds?

This way, it seems to me like security hole, because I have to use 0777
while creating, then everybody could do everything with the files. Well,
there is the open_basedir setting, put then, what's about other user doing
other things (not PHP)?

No way?
 Joachim