Hi,

        If you're just doing web applications, there is a FREE dev environment
right on www.asp.net you can download.  Visual Studio gives you added
languages like C#, J# and C++.  If you're just doing web apps, the free one
is fine.

        Also, I disagree about hardware costs.  Windows Server runs fine on the
same types of hardware that Linux does.

-Dan Joseph