2 ways come to mind - one's messy one isnt!

Non-Messy:
You could put $var1 into an include file, and include it in both file1.php
and file2.php, eg:

//Inc.php
$var1 = "some value";

//file1.php
include('Inc.php');
$var1 == "some value";

//file2.php
include('inc.php');
$var1 == "some value";

$var1 will be avaliable in both files. inc.php could, of course have some
code in it to set the variable (for example a random number etc). $var1
would also be avaliable to any other scripts that may need it in the future,
just by including the inc.php file.

Messy:
Open file1.php from file2.php and read the variable out of it... ***MESSY,
SLOW AND DIRTY***

Craig Roberts

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]