Hi all,

I host some virtual domains within my apache 1.3.x/php
4.3.x setup.

Those domains are mantained by the users via ftp and I
was wondering if I could secure the configuration a
little bit more.  I know that are limitations but the
requirements would be :

a) the user should not be able to access files outside
the DocumentRoot besides system libraries or temporary
files
b) I'd like to have a system wide repository where
common libraries, classes should be accessed without
having to copy and mantain individually
c) Since the user has some php thet perform a file
upload, those scripts must be able to move, rename,
delete files located under the document root

As a starting point the user has a ftp login and the
document root is owned by the login.apache so the user
and the apache can access and alter the contents.

Best regards.