>I have written as part of my CMS, an image upload system, now when the
>images are placed in the destination folder, they are owned by httpd.root
>and I need to get them to be owned by siteuser.sitegroup.
>
>I have tried to chmod and chgrp it to siteuser.sitegroup but it gives
>permission denied errors.
>
>Is there any way round this without enabling run as root? Or is there a
>safe way to do this?

You can ch(mod|own|grp) the files in the upload script, right after they
are written to disk. chmod a+rwX is a good option if you are not overly
concerned about the security of these files. Are you getting
permission-denied errors when attempting to do this in your script, or
afterwards, on the command-line?