> Hello all,
>
> I've been doing PHP for a little while now... I am starting learn Action
> Script now... and having trouble with global variables and functions...
> does anyone know where I find a good list or forum for action script?

flashkit.com is pretty good. i get a lot of resources from there. as for
lists, i actually don't know any good ones. if your on any newsgroups,
there's a couple in there, but they're not very high volume. nothing like
this for instance.

macromedia also have their forums which can be very useful at times.

if you want to email me your problems tho, i can take a look at them.
basically a variable/function will be global to a specific frame, so if you
want a global variable, i'd suggest sticking it on it's own layer, on the
_root movie. you should be able to access it from anywhere with
_root.variable.

i don't know if flash supports any truely global stuff... although i could
be wrong, coz i'm a flash 5 boy, and haven't done much mx'ing yet...

-skate-