On Saturday 09 August 2003 02:49, Cesar Cordovez wrote:
> Exactly!  I agree with you 100%.  That's why, even if you RTFM, google
> your question and search the archives, you need to ask some (very basic)
> questions to the list.   Questions like: If the manual says fdftk.h is a
> header file, why it should be in the includes directory as opposed to
> the headers directory?
>
> For me this is a very intelligent question (and advanced too) because I
> have no idea of linux or compilers. (or as a metter of fact, what is a
> .h file).

Yes, an intelligent question indeed, but ultimately these type of questions
(like how to use compilers, and why header files goes inside the include
directory) are off topic for this list ...

> So I think, a list is the best place to ask questions: basic, stupid,
> off topic, advanced or what ever.  If you want to anwer them ok, if you
> don't, thats ok too.

... having said that it is a refreshing change from the boring "register
globals", "what is a good editor to use with php" type questions.