ooops, sorry, ignore my last post, I must get larger text on my screen! Missed
the .: element of your path!

Can you confirm that this file is a replacement for demo.php?

"Problem occurs when the code is like this
<?php
//file inc/inc1.php
require './inc2.php';
?>"

If so, then it won't find it because you haven't include ./inc in your include
path.

Otherwise your example works fine on my machine.

HTH

Nick