> Calling someone a twat is not going to persuade anybody to change
> how you think a proper reply should be.
>
> If I dont understand someone's question, should I not let them know
> that if that make themselves a little clearer a better answer may
> be given instead of 12 people shooting in the dark giving answers
> to problems that are not the issue the person is having?

ok apologies i went a bit far there , but you know what i mean , it terms
of a wasted post he/she should say that offlist i reckon then the poster
can problem reverify him/her self with a better question.

but i've had stuff like i dont understand anything u just said , something
on those lines , maybe something like can you please rephrase your question
might be better.

> : skips comment on RTFM :)
>
> Yes the list is about helping people out, but we (those who help
> people) arn't here to write someone elses code.  If and when that
> is done people become too lazy and rely on the list to have their
> problems solved, instead of the user doing research himself to
> find out if this is a common problem.

i dont think in particular this is what the list is about and i am not
implying this , i usually head str8 to php.net then to google then to the
list, most of my issues that i ask are regex related and even then, i dont
get an exact answer it merely leads me into the right direction where i can
modify the example to do what i need it to do

> Like for example, when people are asking for examples a simple
> google search for '<functionname>' example', usually results with
> some good examples.

yeh ok we've had stuff like 'is there a script out there that does this', a
trip to hotscripts first should have helped them out , but from the time
i've started here i dont think there has been any guidelines set on this ,
and even then , i dont think ppl will read them :\