From: Creative Solutions New Media [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, 8 August 2003 1:51 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP] Calling to a page without having to load it

Hello,

I have a weird problem I was hoping someone could help with.

I have a client who hosts a site on a standard server (No PHP et all)

Currently he has some Flash based content.  Within the Flash content I can
call to PHP pages in another domain to push and pull data from a mySQL DB
into the Flash App (Basically what I am doing is tracking page hits within
the flash movie).

However, now there are going to be some standard HTML pages as well (no
Flash).  I would like to be able to integrate the tracking system to record
hits on those pages as well.  Is there a way to do this externally (to
launch a PHP script on another server without actually have to load a PHP
page).

I know this is a bit of a weird thing but if anyone has a suggestion (beyond
telling the customer to spring for PHP access himself) I would appreciate it
very much.

Thanks.

Tim Winters
Manager, Creative Development
Sampling Technologies Incorporated (STI)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
W: 902 450 5500
C:  902 430 8498

This message was checked by NOD32 for Exchange e-mail monitor.
http://www.nod32.com