(Quoting fixed)

"Vchat20" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said
> "Roger B.A. Klorese" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > > umm. yes. I know that. the problem is the 1 site I want to pull news
> > from
> > > has a robots.txt file which is preventing the script from working and
> > > wanna get past that.
> >
> > Umm, yes, they put that there because they don't want you to, didn't
> > they?
>
> I asked the owner and he says its ok if I do this as our sites are
> affiliated with each other. but he cannot remove the file due to hackers.

Yeah, that's what they all say. ;-/

I think most of the people who know how aren't interested in taking the
risk of helping yet another mail address harvester. If you're legit,
please take the time to learn to do it right.

Doing it right involves teaching your buddy how to publish an interface
to the parts of his site that he is willing to share, etc.

If you're not legit, find something more constructive to do with your
time.

--
Joel Rees, programmer, Systems Group
Altech Corporation (Alpsgiken), Osaka, Japan