Buttons? Not sure I understand, but try turning the register globals directive in your php.ini file from OFF to ON.

Although OFF is safer and promotes better coding practices.

Search the archives or PHP tutorial sights for hints about programming with rg off. It's been discussed in 1000's of posts.

Justin