register_global is currently on. The problem is, I am hacking into someone
else's (awful awful) code, and if I turned off register_globals, the whole
application would go kaput. I am not even using the old session_x functions,
just the new associative session array $_SESSION.

"Curt Zirzow" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> * Thus wrote Christian Calloway ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):
> > Hey Everyone,
> >
> > I am running Apache 2.047 with PHP (as module) 4.3.2. I ran into
something
> > interesting and I wanted to know if it was a bug, or actually supposed
to be
> > that way. Given the following lines of code:
> >
> > <?php
> >
> > session_start();
> >
> > // lets say this equals "bar" and it was set on a previous page
> > $_SESSION["foo"];
> >
> > $foo = "rab";
> >

> > echo $_SESSION["foo"];
> >
> > ?>
>

> > The problem is, when I set the global variable $foo="rab", when I echo
the
> > session variable $_SESSION["foo"], it outputs "rab" instead of "bar"?!
This