I am trying to sum a query of values from a MySQL table.  The code I am
using is:

---BEGIN CODE #1--------------
$sql_2 = "SELECT SUM(partpaidamount) as partpaid
        FROM $tb_name
        WHERE invoiceid = \"$invoiceid\"
        ";

$result_2 = @mysql_query($sql_2,$connection) or die(mysql_error());

while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($result_2)) {
        $invoicepartpaid = $row['partpaid'];
}

1) The code returns the sum of a partially paid invoice.  The individual
invoice is 'partpaid'. WORKS...NO PROBLEM
2) The while() then return a list of partially paid invoices which is
$invoicepartpaid.  WORKS..NO PROBLEM
3) I then want to add the list of partially paid invoices ($invoicepartpaid)
together.  I AM STUCK HERE ADDING THE INVOICES AMOUNTS TOGETHER.

If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.