From: Ford, Mike [LSS] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2003 5:23 AM
To: 'Van Andel, Robbert'; PHP Mailing List
Subject: RE: [PHP] [Newbie Guide] For the benefits of new members

<snip>

If I respond with a link to the manual, it's usually because I think the
manual says it as well as (or better than) I can -- not through laziness.
But, yes, I have over 20 years' experience of reading (and writing!)
manuals, and sometimes I may overestimate the usefulness of a manual page to
a beginner -- so I won't be offended if you come back from RTFM-ing and say
something like "I read that, but I don't understand x because y -- could you
explain a bit further, please?".

Cheers!

Mike