--- Jackson Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> It looks like sendmail_from should be an smtp server, not an email
> address.
>
> Try setting it to your outgoing mail server that you use with your
> email
> client (i.e. Outlook).  If you can send email from your email
> client then the
> firewall will have no bearing.
>
> -Jackson
>

> On Thursday 14 August 2003 11:24, merryE wrote:
> > I am using LAN in my college and there is firewall. will it
> effect my mail
> > function in php.
> >
> > I configure my server name as localhost at apache http.conf. and
> inphp.ini
> > i configure my SMTP like this:
> >
> > [mail function]
> >
> > ; For Win32 only.
> >
> > SMTP= POP ; for Win32 only

This should be the fully qualified domain name or IP address ofhte
SMTP server that you want to use. If you look in your configuration
in Outlook, you should be able to find the SMTP server that you have
access to. But note that if that server requires SMTP AUTH (username
and password to send mail), you can;t use PHP's mail function
directly,. You'll need to use one of the mail classes.

> > ; For Win32 only.
> >
> > sendmail_from= [EMAIL PROTECTED] ; for Win32 only

This is correct. It should be the email address from which teh mail
should be sent. I beleive PHP uses this as the SMTP MAIL FROM
parameter (not to be confused with the From: mail header ).

> > but i got warning: mail(): Failed to connect to mailserver at
> "POP" port
> > 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use
> ini_set()
> > in c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\do_feedback.php on
> line 12
>
> --
> jackson miller
>
> cold feet creative