"Curt Zirzow" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> * Thus wrote Ivo Fokkema ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):
> > True! But actually, I' ve seen people using only the 'From:' header to
send
> > mail. Emails can then be dropped easily by servers thinking it is spam.
> No email server should drop mail.
Yet they seem to do...? Maybe dropped is not the right word?
Clients may not receive emails which lack certain headers, as these emails
are regarded spam by certain ISP's.
Some people never even get 'normal' Outlook emails which are BCC'ed to them.
The cause? Beats me... Somewhere, something, blocks/drops/deletes these
emails...

> > Ben, I don't know what headers you send, but you could try these
headers:

> > $headers .= "Return-path: Name <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>\r\n";
> Sending this header is virtually a waste of time and effort, it
> will be ignored and set by the receiving smtp server, and on the
> very fist line.
Hmmm... I ofcourse noticed that if I don't use -f in the 5th mail argument,
return-path is something trashy like [EMAIL PROTECTED] Well, then
I delete that from my list...

> > $headers .= "Error-to: Name <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>\r\n";
> This wont guarantee errors to return to that email address.
No sh*t, I _never_ get bounced emails back although I set the reply-to and
error-to headers. Someone told me some SMTP's use this header so I took my
chances.

--
Ivo