ALL PHP arrays are associative.  It's just that some arrays have only numeric keys.

> mean there will
> > be a gap in the numbers?

> [snip]----------8<-------------------
>
> > I'm compelled to ask *why* you want that result.  In most
> cases it makes
> > no difference to your coding, so the only real reason I can see is a
> > somewhat obsessive desire for neatness!
>
> Perhaps there is a better way to grab the good points to
> build the faces,
> but I did not find another solution yet.
> If you know about another better issue to resolve this
> problem, please let
> me know about it.

Well, I can't really help here without seeing some relevant code.  You may be right,
and what you are doing does require no gaps in your keys -- but it may be that you can
program round that more efficently than you can re-index the array when you delete a
value.

That said, I'd answer your original question with:

    array_splice($arr, $n, 1);

which should actually be pretty efficient!

Cheers!

Mike

Beckett Park, LEEDS,  LS6 3QS,  United Kingdom
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]