Hi all,

I'm contemplating moving one of my larger sites off of a hosting company
over to my own PIII 1 Gigahertz. Thoughts right now are to use IIS 5.0 and
either SQL Server or MySQL. I can currently get a fixed IP address DSL
connection at 1.5 meg download and 512 Upload for fairly cheap. The reason I
would do this is control, control, control.

Is anyone out there running their own servers (not leased/rented form some
service)? Is it as easy as registering a domain name server with Network
Solutions and that's it? Also, how does one go about getting DNS updates
from the outside world to stay current with other DNS's?

Any input would be sincerely appreciated!
Andre