Hi!
The connection_* function don't seem to work for me and I can no longer
determine when the user has aborted the script. When I close the browser
window the script just keeps running. (see bug #23163)

The body of the script essentially looks like this:

while( !$done ) {
        $con->sendMessage("x"); # Send msg to Jabber server
        sleep(1);
}

I made an interesting and somewhat weird observation though:
If I use the print or echo command in the while-loop once (!) then the
script will terminate after the loop has run *exactly* three times after
the abort.

If I put more than one print/echo in the loop (2->inf) then the script
will terminate after *exactly* 2 (!) iterations of the loop after the
script has aborted.

The length of the string used in the print/echo statement doesn't seem
to matter.

I hope this helps as this bug is currently a showstopper for the stuff
I'm developing (a PHP Jabber client).

I'm running Red Hat 7.3 with the standard apache-1.3.27-2 package and a
self-compiled php-4.3.3rc4 (php-4.3.2 didn't work either).
--
conversis GmbH

Dennis Jacobfeuerborn
Geschäftsführer