exactly. The development company usualy has all the rights. That's why NDAs were invented :-)

Robert Cummings wrote:

On Mon, 2003-08-25 at 10:14, Edmond Baroud wrote:

On August 25, 2003 08:13 am, Jay Blanchard wrote:

What makes you think that the developer did something unethical?

It looks like you're familiar with this particular case and the developper happens to be your friend so you're defending him?
Anyways, I believe I said "to make a long stroy short". but if you insist on knowing why I said that he did something unethical (let me add to that "unprofessional" ); he sold an intellectual property which he was paid to developpe to competitors in the business.

Legalize is very specific. If the contract didn't specifically state that rights to the intellectual property would be part of the deal, then he has merely sold a solution, not the rights to the intellectual property itself. many companies are contracted for solutions, many companies retain the rights to their intellectual property after completion of the solution. Unless the contract is clear, he has done nothing unethical or unprofessional.

Cheers,
Rob.

I have seen those small icons used by numerous developers, but I don't
know if they are available for uncredited or uncompensated works. Other
than that those screenshots look like dozens of packages I have seen.

Thanks for the feedback.

Capable to upload what in a batch?

Have you ever seen anyone upload bananas or oranges on the net? the most obvious word that could be placed here is "files", excuse me for forgetting to mention it!

BTW: thanks for the your time Jay.

Ed.

--
Edmond Baroud Senior UNIX sysadmin mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Fingerprint 140F 5FD5 3FDD 45D9 226D 9602 8C3D EAFB 4E19 BEF9

http://www.raditha.com/php/progress.php
A progress bar for PHP file uploads.