* Thus wrote Chris Boget ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):
> > Yes you can!
> > All the information is on www.php.net/fdf.
>
> I just read the above page and I can't for the life of me figure out
> why anyone would want to do this.  Of course, it's likely that I am
> simply being myopic.
> Would anyone who's actually used fdf enlighten as to the need to
> do it this way?

I've developed a system that uses fdf for a client just recently.
Some of the fdf is a little overkill, but there are cases when the
pdf forms are a scannable document that uses special fonts for a
scanner to read.  (much like the little box's you have to fill out
for those silly sat tests.)

To properly have the document print, they voted to use fdf/pdf's
forms to  have the user print their data out so it can be scanned.

Curt
--
"I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure."