I want to have a posting column wherein people can
post their messages and when a new message is posted
the Curent date has to be added in the mysql database.

Do u think I should use Php to generate the date or
should I have mysql to generate the date.

I am also going to allow people to search for messages
as per date. For example

Search for messasges in the last week and stuff..

Please advice me..

THank You
Dhaval Deasi