You can use either a <meta> tag or real header, the later is prefered.

<?php

header('Refresh: 0; url=download.zip');

?>
<!-- your html page here -->

The browser loads the page and immediatly goes to another page (download.zip). This page will prompt the Save As dialog.

Jean-Christian IMbeault wrote:
Marek Kilimajer wrote:

But because explorer does not support multipart/mixed and it is still the major browser (thought not for long ;), do it this way. Output header('Refresh: 0; url=download.zip'); first and then load the html page with new data blocks.

Sorry if the solution is obvious but I can't understand what you mean by
using a refresh header. Where and when should I use the header? Can you
give a short example?

Thanks,

Jean-Christian Imbeault