On Tuesday, September 02, 2003, at 02:04PM, Raditha Dissanayake <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>Hello,
>If you use <input type='hidden'> yes they will be part of the input
>stream. What i suggested was you have
><form method=post action="/cgi-bin/mycgi.exe?qid=123"> then you can
>retrieve the query string variable from the env. (at least this works
>with perl cgi and i don't see why it shouldn't work with C++ as well).
>the only draw back is that you have to process the qstring yourself.

Actually, upon further reading it seems I won't be able to do this.

If I pass parameters in this fashion, the web server will make them available in
QUERY_STRING, but I need to use the GET method.

The form is using the POST method so that the file that is being uploaded and
processed gets handed to the cgi program through stdin.

So looks like I can't have it both ways, i.e. POST and GET, stdin and query string env
var.

Thanks,
JB