Rather than turning on register globals system wide I'd use .htaccess to enable register globals for the specific sites or applications that require them. Because the super globals have been introduced the problem with register globals and application security may be more prounounced for applications that don't expect them to be on (granted they should check and make sure they are off but you never know :)).

The PHP manual has a section on alterting PHP's configuration with the .htaccess file.

Jason

Deependra b. Tandukar wrote:

Hi,

I have configured PHP 4.3.3 in which register_gloabals is set to be off. I modified etc/php.ini and set it to be On but still it shows it is off and some developed applications in php are asking for it to be turned on. How do I do this?

Regards,
DT