I know this question is best for the mySQL mailing list, but I am unable
to subscribe to their list at this moment so perhaps somebody here can
help me out.

I have a table with a field where amenities are listed together using a
comma delimiter like: pool,spa,fitness-center

To search this table I use a query that looks something like this:

SELECT * FROM properties WHERE amenities LIKE '%pool%' AND amenities
LIKE '%spa%' AND amenities LIKE '%fitness-center%'

This works, however let's say the user chooses to search for more
amenities. This means the query would need multiple 'AND amenities LIKE
'%____%' statements.

Is there a better way to write this?

I tried the following, but it did not work:

AND amenities LIKE ('%pool%','%spa%','%fitness-center%')

Any suggestions?