Hi,

What do you mean running from the cd? are you using something like knoppix? The log directory for both apache and mysql definitely needs to be writable not to mention the data dir for mysql.
Have you tried running your query from the mysql command line client?

Uma Shankari T. wrote:

Hello,

I am running mysql from my hard disk..i am trying to write some contents while during running in to the database the values are not getting updated..it is not giving any error message also..i am running apache and php from the CD itself..is it necessary that the php and apache should also run from the hard disk then only mysql database will get updated ?? can any one please suggest me..

Regards,
Uma

--
http://www.radinks.com/upload