* Thus wrote John Taylor-Johnston ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):

> The problem is I noticed a friend was getting the hijacking message.
> I had him clean his cache and reload, but no luck.
>
> I wondered why he got that message, so I echoed $HTTP_REFERER to see what his IE6.x
> was spewing out. The result was:
>
> $HTTP_REFERER =""
>
> Anyone suggest a work around? Another variable maybe? I don't need it, but want that
> functionality in this counter:
> if(stristr($HTTP_REFERER,"district"))

> I do need this fucntionality, however, on another site, where two URLS share the
> same index.html on the same Apache server. One displays info one way for one URL,
> the other another way for a different URL.

The referer isn't gaurenteed to be there, and there really isn't a
way around the problem.

Ideally, if it's possible, have the user use a server side include instead
of javascript.  that will gaurentee no hijacking and also the
counter still will get displayed even if the end-user has javascript
off.

Either way keep the referrer checking in there, most people have
that setting on so only a select few wouldn't get counted.

Curt
--
"I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure."