I'm having difficulty with understanding how to manipulate dates. It seems that there's no date object manipulate so we just pass around a bunch of values which is kinda of annoying.

A few things I'm trying to do:

1) Turn "MM/DD/YY" into an array like that returned from getdate(). I don't want to explode it or split it, I want to get an array just as if I used getdate() when the current day was MM/DD/YY.

2) Have a date string representing the first of the month and manipulate it to be the last day of the previous month.

If I can figure out how I'm supposed to do those, then the rest I will understand.

Thanks,

Seth Willits
President and Head Developer of Freak Software - http://www.freaksw.com
Q&A Columnist for REALbasic Developer Magazine - http://www.rbdeveloper.com
Webmaster for REALbasic Game Central - http://www.freaksw.com/rbgames

"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world."
-- Albert Einstein