What jay has to say + please look at the archives for this month. You will find this topic discussed quite often.

best regards

Jay Blanchard wrote:

[snip]
I have created an application to read email addresses from a list and to

send emails. The problem now I am facing is, if the list is very long
then I am getting an error message in the browser "Server Timed Out". How can
I display a confirmation message and continue sending the emails from the server? That is, trigger a separate script (not related to browser) on
the server which handles the emails and then return a success message. Can anybody help me to find out a logic or script on this.
[/snip]

At the top of your mail script insert the following line

set_time_limit(0);

from the command line

php myMailScript.php

--