Agreed.  I think that JSP in some cases would be faster because the JVM is
always running.  Really depends on the structure of the code and what's it's
doing.
The first time a JSP is run it'll compile, so it's slow, but after compilation
exists
its fine.

If you're doing database stuff, that'll probably be the bottleneck anyway.