Hi Sam,
Surely it couldn't have been hacked? IIS is the most secure web server you have seen their advertisements :-)

Sam Folk-Williams wrote:

Hi,

I posted about the below issue yesterday, following is the follow-up from
tech support. Are they saying the server was hacked? Is there anything I can
do on my end, or does this sound like their problem?

When I try to visit the site I get this strage error message: php-engine:

file /home/k/h/user191796/html/myAdmin/index.php has incorrect uid/gid for
effective uid 51 (2116/2116)

Or, the browser (IE 6 with latest update) displays a file download

dialogue instead of displayng the page.

This site has worked completely fine for the past 6 months, so I'm sure

it's not the code. This just suddenly started happening late last night.
This seems like a server problem to me.

Sam

Solution history on ticket:
9/11/2003 6:49:55 PM - Yemi A.:
Sam Folk-Williams,
Thanks for contacting technical support.

Our engineers have determined that these issues are being caused by

malicious activity. This is being done by a footer being inserted into the
pages by IIS. It is not actually modifying any of your code or compromising
any of your passwords. Due to the severity of this issue, we are directing
all available external and internal resources to minimize the impact to our
customers and to prevent future re-occurrences.

We are committed to continue working around the clock to resolve these

issues. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

-- Raditha Dissanayake