Probably your problems about "i can send about seven messages per second"
may be relationed to
OS's tcp connection stream buffering... try to flush every fd after write to
it. I wrote a multi-threaded (pcntl_fork())
application in phpcli using many sockets and they worked well... array
iterations are fast and easy too, as they have
only one level... so I believe that this is really relationed to socket
flushing stuffs...you can also use select() to determine
when a fd is ready for write and implement a "write spool"... only a ideia,
but probably will spent more time with the same
results... well.. flush then may resolve it.

Daniel Souza

"Raditha Dissanayake" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escreveu na mensagem
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]