From: Tim Thorburn [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, September 15, 2003 5:08 AM
To: Karen Lubrecht
Subject: Re: [PHP] Novice in eCommerce

Hi Karen,

Connecting the shopping cart with your credit card merchant account is
done
through the payment gateway - each company has their own methods of
doing
so.  Depending which country you are in, and which merchant
account/hosting
provider you are using you'll need to talk to your gateway people and
see
how they'd like it done.

I've setup several eCommerce sites - both making my own shopping cart
and
using a pre-built one.  Generally speaking, the less you have to do with

the payment gateway (by less I mean the more automated it is from the
merchant account/gateway people) the better it is for you - less risk
and
less liability.

Not sure if this has helped or not ... as I've only used 2 gateways to
date
and will be signing up with a new one mid-next week.

Let me know if I can be of any more assistance.

Thanks
-Tim