From: Scott Fletcher [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, September 19, 2003 8:38 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP] PHP vs CGI ???

Hi!

    I have a question.  Someone said that PHP is CGI, that kind of
turned my
head because PHP is not like that.  But I can see one thing, PHP can be
compiled as either a 'Shell-Scripting-Language', 'Webserver Component'
or
'Both'...   PHP would be a form of CGI if it is used as Shell Scripting
Language but if I compile Apache and have it create a PHP module then it
is
not a form of CGI.

    Can anyone point this out or clarify this?  It would be very much be
appreciated.

Thanks,
 Scott F.