I'm trying to setup PHP support on an small 2 station Intranet for
development purposes. I'm using PWS under Win98 SE. I believe I'm
experiencing a common problem, but I seem to be unable to work my way around
it. At the suggestion of several installation tutorials, after installing
it, I have made a simple PHP file including the following statement:

<?php phpinfo();?>

I'm supposed to be able to test the functioning of PHP with that simple
command to confirm it's working. Yet, all I get is a security alert:

  Security Alert! The PHP CGI cannot be accessed directly.
  This PHP CGI binary was compiled with force-cgi-redirect enabled. This
means that a page will only be served up if the REDIRECT_STATUS CGI variable
is set, e.g. via an Apache Action directive.

  For more information as to why this behavior exists, see the manual page
for CGI security.

  For more information about changing this behavior or re-enabling this
webserver, consult the installation file that came with this distribution,
or visit the manual page.

I have tried for the life of me to disable the CGI.Force_Redirect or what
ever it is in the PHP.INI file but all that does is to make IE come back
with file not found.

What do I have to do to disable the security from getting in the way of
displaying PHP pages?

Sincerely,

Dalton Seymour