I'm in the process of building my first "real" class.

43 methods, 23 properties, nearly 1000 lines of codes.

What I would like to know...

Is it better to keep al this in a single file? Or break it up into
sub-classes?

This does have logical sections, so a breakup would be possible, but then
I'm not sure how I would piece it back together.

Also...

Many properties are not required at object instantiation, but I define them
none-the-less. Many are derived from multiple others.

It is better to define all properties, many may never be used, or simply
define them as they are called?

I define them all now, so there is a (ever so) slight hit on cycles for
this.

If I define them as they are called, then each needs a conditional to
process to run each time that GETTER is called.

Or is this "6 of one and half-dozen of another"?

Now, this gets broken up, many of the properties correspond the different
sections. then he properties should be defined as called, because their
package would only be loaded when called.

Am I talking in circles here?

Does anyone have any advise?

Thanks

Walter