What I meant was not the implementation, what I meant was that there was no
way for the compiler/parser to know whether I was implementing position()
from the Employee interface or the BoardMember interface, the declaration
was ambiguous.

If I implement the function there, then (from what I can tell) it becomes
the position member for both the BoardMember interface AND the Employee
interface.  While this might be desired in some cases, it's definitely not
desired in all cases, so there needs to be some other identifier (such as
the implements keyword followed by which interface(s) this function should
be used for).

PHP5 may have such an identifier, but I have not found any documentation at
this point...

-Javier

Marek Kilimajer wrote:

> interface BoardMember
> {
>     function position(); // used to set board position of board member
> }
> interface Employee
> {
>     function position();  // used to set job title of employee
> }
>
> class BusyBoardMember implements Employee, BoardMember
> {
>     function position();  // what does this function do? ambiguous unless
> am missing something
> }

It is not ambiguous, you should implement the function here.