<?
header("Content-type: application/pdf");
header("Content-disposition: attachment; filename=filename.pdf" );
readfile("filename.pdf");
?>

Launching this script will prompt a file download screen if the Acrobat Reader Plugin
is not available on the client browser.  Otherwise it will display inside the browser
window using the plugin.

Hope that helps.

- Kevin