I've just to put together my very first little web application project in
PHP and I have a couple of questions.

The first isn't that important because it's no where near finished yet but
the help would be appreciated. Can those who have the time visit
http://www.array-media.com/WebDev/TestClassifieds/ and let me know what I
need to work on to make this easier to use etc. I know it's broken all
over the place but I'd like some outside input before I start to polish
this turd on the weekend.

The second question is the real one. Because this site may eventually be
put onto the web as an unmoderated site, I was wondering what would be the
best way to test the users input for inappropriate content (Bad words). I
was thinking of using a table in MySql containing the questionable words
and basically break up the users input, search through the Db and if it
returns a positive, dump the offender to an error page reporting the
rejected word found. This seemed like a hell of a lot of overhead
(breaking up the string, opening a connection to the database, searching
the database, creating the custom error page, closing the connection,
etc.) for such a simple task. I also thought of doing it from within the
script using something like strtok(), or str_replace() to loop through and
compare the users input string to an array of the bad words (I'm thinking
20-30 depending on how creative my friends and I get).

So which is faster, smarter, better? What else could I use to accomplish
this task? I kinda like the MySql option myself seems easier to deal with
for some reason

Mike