Hello,

On 10/03/2003 12:44 PM, Kristian Snabb wrote:
How do I set up the mail() function in php.ini.
How do I define the username and password? My smtp service requires me to log on.

I'm using Apache 2.0.47 on WinXP Pro.

There is no way to set SMTP authentication using the mail() function.

You may want to use this class that comes with a wrapper function named smtp_mail() that works exactly like the mail() function but lets you configure certain SMTP delivery details such as authentication credentials:

http://www.phpclasses.org/mimemessage

You will also need this:

http://www.phpclasses.org/smtpclass

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos

Free ready to use OOP components written in PHP
http://www.phpclasses.org/